Safest shipping method for valuable paintings
November 13, 2010 7:18 AM Subscribe
Need reliable shipper for art. I need to ship two framed paintings from Connecticut to Seattle. These are family antiques that I could not bear to lose. I already had a wooden crate made. I need to get the crate shipped.
- Highly reliable and insured
- Speed and delivery date are flexible. I can arrange to be available to receive shipment on short notice.
- size: the crate is about 2' x 3' x 1'.
- Cost... looking for lower cost options, but reliability is key.
- The paintings have not been appraised, nor do they have any documentation. I'm sure they are worth money, but the real value is sentimental. I'd rather not go to the expense of having them photographed and appraised.
I've already requested a quote from Art Logistics
. I haven't heard back yet, but I suspect the cost will be very high. And I'm not sure they ship to and from private residences.
fyi... an earlier thread about shipping art
posted by valannc to Shopping (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite