Fashion failure, needs help
November 6, 2010 5:36 PM Subscribe
I'm getting a bit tired of the jeans-and-nerdy tshirts look I sport most of the time. I want to develop a visual look that's a bit more together, a bit more interesting, and a bit less daggy.
posted by ysabet to clothing, beauty, & fashion (15 answers total) 22 users marked this as a favorite
Fashion-wise, I like steampunk, gothic and similar fashions. I like lace, subtle black-on-black texturing, understated elegance, and occasional bright accents.
Actual question: Where do I find clothes/accessories like this, for not much money, and how do I assemble them into something that looks coherent?
- I don't do ironing. Ever.
- I have a limited budget (~$200 over the next six months), live in Queensland Australia, and it's summer here.
- I am bad at complicated clothing. Simple to assemble, mix and match items, easy to put on clothing is important. I love corsets, but they're just not good for everyday.
- Shoes. I can't wear heels more than about 1x week. The rest of the time has to be flats.
- Makeup. I don't do it often, and generically suck at it in any case.
- No pink. At all.
- I'm overly well endowed in the chest area. I'm not skinny anywhere else, either.
- I cycle to and from work on weekdays. Things that are small to transport, and are okay with locker storage are optimal, although only-weekend looks would be useful too.