wrong dog ate the phenomav!
September 10, 2010 12:39 AM Subscribe
Wrong dog ate the phenomav- now what? (And we're dogsitting!)
posted by titanium_geek to pets & animals (5 answers total)
We're housesitting for our neighbours, and looking after their two dogs. One of the dogs (Kya) has epilepsy so is on Phenomav, she's a big girl (Rhodesian x Great Dane?) and we have to give her one and a half tablets of Phenomav each morning and night. She was feeling pretty mopey, missing her owners/"parents" so it was a struggle to get the tablets into her.
As we were trying to get the whole tablet into Kya (after being successful with the half tablet): Kya dropped the food with the tablet hidden inside and Susie, the blue heeler, ate it.
(subsequently we were able to get a whole pill into Kya.)
We'll obviously keep an eye on Susie, but were wondering if an accidental dosage of Phenomav, a drug for dogs, would be a problem. The dosage for a medium size dog appears to be about 1 tablet, so I don't think this is an overdose as such, just that she wasn't supposed to have it!
We're in Australia, not sure if Phenomav is an international brand or not.
What should we do, if anything?