26 ga sheet copper, New York, today

Where can I find sheet copper in New York today?

Metalliferous is closed on Saturday, and I need some 26-28 ga sheet copper asap. I need a piece that's at 12" x 15", but if all I can find is 12" x 12", I may try it. Where can I find it in New York?
posted by novalis_dt to Shopping (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Would a big hardware or Home Depot carry this as flashing for roofs?
posted by zippy at 10:10 AM on July 17, 2010

Usually copper flashing is 16 ga. Home depot said on the phone that they didn't have any idea what I was talking about, but their salespeople are notoriously clueless.
posted by novalis_dt at 10:13 AM on July 17, 2010

Set your google maps to "sheet metal" and zoom in on Red Hook/Gowanus.
posted by Jon_Evil at 10:33 AM on July 17, 2010 [1 favorite]

Actually, what you need to Google is "alloy sheet metal." I don't know precisely where in New York you're located, but this site might be a good starting place for your seach.
posted by Oriole Adams at 1:30 PM on July 17, 2010

Thanks to Jon_Evil, I found it at Master Sheetmetals at 506 Smith Street, Brooklyn, NY‎, after calling about five other places that didn't pick up their phones.

Next, I need two live badgers by tomorrow night. The fate of the universe depends on it.
posted by novalis_dt at 1:38 PM on July 17, 2010 [1 favorite]

I don't think you're supposed to use AskMeFi to ask two questions. It may seem urgent right now, but I'm sure the universe can wait a week.
posted by Joe in Australia at 10:27 PM on July 17, 2010

« Older Malware filter. Need virus hel...   |  Good cheap camera setup for ta... Newer »