Tired of getting static shocks
July 2, 2010 11:09 PM Subscribe
It's one of those either-or situations: either you help me stop getting/giving static electricity shocks or my wife will divorce me.
Since I moved with my wife to the U.S., I can't stop getting shocked by static ALL THE TIME. To add insult to the injury, a lot of times when I touch my wife, she's the one getting shocked. BY ME. She said she will divorce me if I don't stop with the shocks.
First I thought it was the car, so I made a few tests with a different car. SHOCK! Then I figured it might be the shoes, so I changed them as well. BZZZZZ! "Well, maybe it's California!", but then I traveled to Mexico, Finland. Even in those countries, as soon as I left a car or touched a metal knob, I would get shocked again. Sometimes, when I leave the car I don't get shocked (Yay!) but when I touch my wife we both do.
Funny thing is that, when I still lived in my country of origin, one with a tropical weather, nothing like this ever happened, at least not on the same scale. It only started after I moved to the U.S.. To be fair, I don't believe the country itself is against me, but I am starting to think the dry weather has something to do with it. This is the only common thing between Mexico, California and Finland.
Sadly, the best I can do is scream at the weather, but I can't change it. I have tried a bunch of other stuff, like not wearing synthetic materials and sticking to rubber-soled shoes, to no avail. This is only happening to me, not to my wife. Can the chemical composition of my body have anything to do with it?
Help me, I'm going (BZZZZZZZZZZ) mad.