Motorola Milestone Firmware Updates
July 1, 2010 4:02 AM Subscribe
I have a Motorola Milestone. My service provider provides OTA updates several months after Google release them, about a month after Motorola releases them. This works well, but I'd like to upgrade sooner..
posted by devnull to computers & internet (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
There are a few things I don't understand.
I can download a software (firmware) upgrade directly from the Motorola website. The update works over USB, at least initially.
OTA updates versus updates from the Motorola website
- If I update my firmware using the Motorola website will I still get OTA updates? Who from?
- Can I switch back to my provider for OTA updates if I want to?
- Will an update from the website keep my settings and files like an OTA update, or will it perform a factory reset too?
- How does the baseband version come into all of this?
- Could it be that my phone will stop working because I don't receive baseband updates?