Fun activities for a couple at home (part II)? I'd love your suggestions for fun things to do together at home in the evenings after the kids have gone to bed. Difficulty: see within.
I'm looking for ideas and suggestions for things that my wife and I can do together in the evenings once the kids are in bed (beyond the obvious). In particular, I'm looking for ideas for hobbies that we might be able to do together.
I've found some good suggestions in previous threads like these
; however, most of them involve doing things outside the house and we're specifically looking for things to do at home without having to get a babysitter (in addition to our datenights). Here are our special snowflake limitations:
- We have 3 small kids (4-2), so we're looking for something that is not tiring (since we're usually exhausted!) and can be done for short periods of time - maybe 1/2 - 1 hour max
- I'm a big reader; she's not - she's mildly dyslexic so does not enjoy reading or word games or the like
- I love to play games; she's not that into it - she'll play cards with me every once in a while but it's not her first choice. (We have game night at our house with friends once a month or so, which she participates in more to be social than because it's her favorite thing to do)
- She loves to watch movies; we do this together
- Neither of us is very into TV, though occasionally we've gotten into watching a series together on Netflix
- Neither of us is very crafty, though I like to knit and cross-stitch; she's not into anything 'fiddly' like knitting or origami
- She's very athletic and we're both decently fit
- She loves to garden; I'm not very into it (but not really an evening activity!)
- To completely over-generalize, I like more intellectual pursuits and she likes more physical pursuits, but we're both willing to try different things.
I'd love to get a laundry list of things/projects/hobbies that would be suitable given the above. We'd be willing to spend some money, though of course the less expensive the better. What do you suggest, Mefites?