What's the best truck for my baby seat?
May 21, 2010 8:21 AM Subscribe
Tell me about your good experiences with a pickup truck and a LATCH car seat.
posted by willpie to travel & transportation (5 answers total)
I have a car that seems to be on its last legs and a baby who doesn't yet use her legs for much more than kicking excitedly. I would like to replace the car with a (probably used) vehicle with a truck bed and keep the baby as safe as possible.
My requirements are these:
- 4-wheel drive or all-wheel drive
- 4 doors; can either be a crew cab truck or a SUT (i.e. Avalanche, SportTrac, Ridgeline)
- LATCH connectors for the car seat–a Chicco KeyFit, if that matters–preferably in the center of the back seat
Bonus points for vehicles with these qualities:
- Some sort of alternative fuel possibility (FlexFuel, hybrid, diesel)
- Not too big; I'd consider a full size truck, but would prefer something comparable in size to a mid size SUV
- Not too fugly; I have a small but aggressive case of vehicular vanity
- The more fuel-efficient, the better
Do you know a vehicle that checks off most of these boxes? Have you used a car seat in one? What specific qualities should I seek out or avoid?