Does Lady Gaga do her own grocery shopping?
May 6, 2010 7:51 AM Subscribe
What day-to-day things change when one becomes a celebrity?
posted by amicamentis to media & arts (34 answers total) 33 users marked this as a favorite
I recognize that this may differ wildly between person to person, as well as in different 'genres' of celebrity (reality star, musician, president, etc).
I am wondering if there are any general habits that change once someone becomes famous. Things like:
- do they check their own mail?
- do they have to avoid going certain places because they'll be recognized?
- how do they keep their private cell phone number from getting leaked?
- what role does their agent play in their life - for example, getting briefed before interviews or statements to the public.
- what normal life habits are outsourced?
Once again, I realize that most of these can be answered with "well, it depends". I am curious about what sorts of things are expected at a high level of fame.