Where to get a digital perm in NY?

Where in New York can I get a digital perm? (preferably for less money) What exactly are the differences in results over a regular perm and are they really worth the cost? I am seeking more larger loose curls for Asian hair.
posted by pinksoftsoap to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (2 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I don't have firsthand experience, but I read about digital perms in Chopsticks NY. The article says that most Japanese salons offer that service, so using the Chopsticks beauty directory would probably be a good place to start for price comparisons.
posted by xo at 6:06 PM on March 29, 2010

It's been a few years since I moved away, but I used to love love love the haircuts I got at SEI (a Japanese salon on West 4th). I'd call them and ask if they do the perms.
posted by MsMolly at 6:20 PM on March 29, 2010

« Older Body function filter: early po...   |  What are great places to fish,... Newer »