360 RIP. Hello PS3?
March 4, 2010 6:04 PM Subscribe
Xbox 360 vs. PlayStation 3, 2010 Edition.
posted by mkultra to sports, hobbies, & recreation (18 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite
My (t)rusty 360 has died. It's well out of warranty, and my Xbox Live subscription is coincidentally up for renewal. I'm toying with getting a PS3 instead of replacing the 360, but I've got a few questions/reservations:
- Is the Netflix experience equivalent or better (beyond having to send away for the disc- I'm talking about the actual streaming)?
- Do multiplayer games recognize a central identity, a la Xbox Live?
- Is game tech finally catching up to the hardware? Are PS3 versions of games starting to look better than the Xbox 360 versions?
- Is there any sense of a shift in the industry toward "PS3 first, then Xbox"? For a long while, at least, it's seemed the opposite.
- Can I stream various formats to it from my Mac (DivX, Quicktime, MP4)?