January 26, 2010 2:40 PM Subscribe
Paypal won't give me my money. How do I tell them to hand it over?
posted by mippy to work & money (7 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I sold some items on eBay - all clutter from my flat, highest price about £35. The money started coming in on Friday, then I got an e-mail saying my account had been 'limited', meaning I can't access my money. Logged in, and it told me to do various things:
- confirm credit card (done)
- confirm bank account (Paypal won't accept my savings account, so I phoned them and they told me to e-mail a bank statement instead, which I did)
- send photo ID with name and address (UK passports don't have this, and mine is expired - the call centre told me to send my birth certificate instead. I sent both)
- send 'proof of inventory' (I phoned them and explained that the items were all personal items owned for some years; they said this would be fine)
- provide tracking details (done).
When I phoned them today, they told me all I needed to do was wait until the packages were showng up as delivered. Fine. I also got an e-mail saying my account was 'linked' to an old account with a negative balance - once I get paid, I can pay this. No mention of the 'linked account' was made on the phone, though.
Then this evening, an e-mail arrives to tell me that my account is being closed, my appeal is 'denied' and my £220 will be held for 180 days. In the meantime, I'm out of pocket as I've had to send off my eBay sales, and the call centre won't tell me why they're holding the money - money that was meant to fund my new laptop. What can I do now?