My contacts need a fire-proof home.
July 2, 2009 6:39 AM Subscribe
Anybody know of a worthwhile, online address book?
posted by RobertFrost to computers & internet (7 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
I am looking for an online address book to be the internet version of my little black book. I know there are many out there, but I haven't been able to find one that suites all of my desires. This is what I want:
1. The ability to apply multiple tags to entries and to view/export entries according to tags (i.e. family, business, friends)
2. The ability to input international address (keepm for example has a "country" field, but only allows for a 5 digit zip code, meaning Japanese addresses - with an 8 digit zip - are a no go)
3. The ability to export into an Excel spreadsheet, or even better directly to Word labels (Christmas card time).
4. If possible, the ability to choose which contacts to export, and which fields to export
5. This may be me dreaming - but some way to keep a tally of how often you have emailed a particular person. I live overseas and travel a lot, so I send a lot of postcards to keep in touch with friends and family. It would be nice to be able to view my address according to how many mailings I've sent them so I can be sure I'm mailing everyone evenly.
6. An interface where data entry is easy (I have an entire book worth of addresses to input).
I thought about just making a spreadsheet on google docs, but there is no way to export them to labels and I do a pretty massive mailing at xmas/new years time that I would prefer to print up labels for (currently I hand write them, it takes ALOT of time).
Thanks for any guidance you might have!