Boston. Bedbugs. Do not want.
April 1, 2009 12:10 PM Subscribe
I'm moving back to Boston. I hear there is a bedbug epidemic. What can I do to minimize my chances of getting bedbugs?
posted by sully75 to home & garden (10 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite
This may be scaring me more than I need to be scared, but I have a friend whose house became invested via their next door neighbors and they may be losing their tenants because of it. Coupled with the This American Life episode from last year, I'd really like this not to be an issue.
My main questions are:
1) are their neighborhoods in Boston where this is a bigger problem than others?
2) Is there a type of building that is less susceptible? My friends have a sort of brownstone...I'm wondering if seperate houses are less likely to have bugs?
3) Is it just stupid now to trash pick furniture? That used to be where all of my furniture came from but now I'm afraid I might get the bugs.
4) Anything I can do when looking at a new place to see what the bedbug chances are?
5) Should I just forget about worrying about it?