Ah. Yes. Where do the legs go on that thing again?
January 11, 2009 11:03 AM Subscribe
I have a few questions about bellow-the-belt laser hair removal.
posted by neblina_matinal to clothing, beauty, & fashion (16 answers total) 15 users marked this as a favorite
I've decided I want to get a full bikini hair laser removal. Everything gone. I have a few questions about the whole process though (which yes, I will also be asking when I go in to get the thing done, but I'd still like to know what to expect beforehand).
- When you go in for the first consultation, the one when they assess your skin and hair type and whether you are a good candidate, are you supposed to not wax/shave beforehand for a while? I mean, they have to see the hair, so you're not supposed to be groomed, right?
- When doing the actual procedure, how do they place you? Stir-ups like a Gyn? Or... what? FYI, I've never got a Brazilian wax done at a salon, so a description of... placement is welcome.
- Also, do they protect your *most delicate* skin and bits *right next to that laser beam* with something?
- Has anyone had this done and then regretted it? I can't see any reason why I'd need pubic hair anytime in my life, but still, I've never done anything so permanent, ever.
- If there's anything important I'm forgetting, or something you wish you'd known before you had this done, please do share.