Holiday Roo-ah-a-oh-a-ah-oh-oh-oh-oad, Holiday Ro-ah-a-oh-a-oh-oad!
December 29, 2008 8:27 PM Subscribe
Please help me plan a vacation for my first spring break in what feels like a million years!
I have recently returned to being a full time student this year (2008) and now that spring semester is just around the corner, I realize I get a spring break! Woohoo! Now my wife and I just have to think of some place fun to go! That's where you come in!
Here's all the good info:
1. Preferred time to go is from 3/7/2009 to 3/14/2009, but technically we could leave late evening 3/6/2009 (after my wife leaves work) and return late evening 3/15/2009 (the day before I go back to class, and my wife goes back to work).
2. Ideally, we'd like to fly some place fairly distant (we're in Ohio).
3. No long distance driving (last vacation included a 14 hour drive, never again)
4. We'd need someplace to stay when we got wherever we decide to go.
5. We would like someplace that fills at least one of these guidelines, if it fills more than one - awesome:
a. warm, sandy beaches
b. not a cruise (been on several and we love them, but we're looking for something different)
c. amazing place to go for not particularly experienced world travelers
d. reasonably inexpensive (~$1,000 per person)
e. not filled with "traditional" spring-breakers
Mrs. Quhzk also wants me to mention Alaska.
Where should we go?