Playing records and listening to my iMac through one system
December 14, 2008 1:32 AM Subscribe
I would like to set up a system where my turntable and my iMac all flow out of a nice set of speakers. I have no idea where to start.
posted by Foam Pants to Technology (9 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
This is the junk I have:
2. Pioneer belt-driven turntable with audio out hardwired and no amplifier
3. a super crappy stereo with half of the speakers missing. Funny story, I had to toss one because a mouse made a nest in it. I want to make this ugly, usable-space-sucker go away.
4. Basic Airport
5. Record collection that I like to play AS RECORDS
6. a sizable MP3 collection that I play through iTunes
Stuff I am willing to purchase
1. New turntable, even though my current one sports a kick-ass sticker collection
3. Another Airport
4. Sweet speakers
5. Something else a dunder head like me doesn't realize she needs.
6. The services of a male escort.
While I love my music, I am an idiot who doesn't know jack about setting up an audio system. Please advise me, you can be condescending if it helps it come out.