Seeking orthopedic vet in SF

I'm looking for a veterinarian specializing in orthopedic surgery in or near San Francisco, CA.

My dog's been limping for the past several month, and x-rays done by my regular vet revealed damage to his front left elbow. I want to know what can and should be done for him.

Can anyone point me to a good orthopedic vet?

Thanks in advance!
posted by poulet to Pets & Animals (5 answers total)

I know it isn't exactly close by, but UC-Davis is considered to be one of the best Vet schools in the country. It might be worth giving them a call.
posted by fieldtrip at 9:51 PM on December 2, 2008

Give SF Vets Specialists a call. I haven't used their orthopedic services, but I've taken delicate, older cats there for various troubles (and acupuncture) and always received excellent (and expensive) care.
posted by rtha at 10:00 PM on December 2, 2008

Seconding SF Vets Specialists. Pets Unlimited, on Fillmore, also has an excellent hospital.
posted by judith at 10:20 PM on December 2, 2008

FYI, using recommendations from other sources (including my "regular" vet), we're going with Dr. Sams in Mill Valley. Will let you know how it goes!
posted by poulet at 1:08 PM on December 8, 2008

Just wanted to report that Dr. Sams has been great. His office is a bit of a drive from San Francisco, but he's top-notch. Great facility, great staff, great vet.
posted by poulet at 12:11 PM on January 17, 2009

« Older Can you suggest some replaceme...   |  What was the deal with Vichy F... Newer »