Need advice on somewhere to go on the Thanksgiving weekend in the greater New York area
October 23, 2008 1:02 PM Subscribe
Need advice on somewhere to go on the Thanksgiving weekend in the greater New York area.
posted by falameufilho to Travel & Transportation around New York, NY (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Hello, hive mind. Me and the wife are expats living in New York City, so we don't have any family to visit on Thanksgiving. So we're feeling like doing something different that weekend - like getting out of the city, breathing some fresh air, taking a couple of days off from our ridiculously small apartment, you get the idea.
So here are the constraints:
1) It must be reasonably close to the city
2) It must be reachable by public transportation - train, bus, etc (I don't feel renting a car unless absolutely necessary)
3) It must be reasonably cheap
4) Not being crowded is a big plus
5) If we can see some nice fall foliage that's great as well (it might be too late for that, but maybe we're lucky)
That's about it. Thanks, hive mind!