help my chili taste better
October 13, 2008 12:49 PM Subscribe
I'm making chili for dinner tonight and it tastes kind of sour. I want to learn how to taste things so that I can add to adjust the flavour while cooking, but I don't know what to add. Help my chili taste better!
posted by disaster77 to Food & Drink (28 answers total) 14 users marked this as a favorite
So, this is what's in the chili so far:
- ground beef
- diced onion
- 2 packets of hot chili seasoning
- enough tomato sauce and/or paste to get the right consistency
- cans of beans: dark kidney, light kidney, chili and black
- can of chopped chipotle peppers in sauce
- 2 cans of diced green chilis
I've made chili a bunch of times. Sometimes it's awesome and sometimes it's not. I don't know what the difference is exactly as I don't always have exactly the same ingredients. I just took a small bowl for lunch to try it and it seems kind of sour. So I think maybe I should add sugar, but don't know if that would be correct. Is it? I want to be able to correct recipes on the fly like this. I appreciate any guidance.