Help Me Create A Dateless Timeline(s)

I'd like to create a project timeline guide that does not have dates. It is a general guide which indicates at what point in the process a certain action takes place. The timeline would actually be more comprised of several different time lines that overlap. Timelines a, b, and c (etc) wouldn't correspond to individuals but rather larger tasks that are occuring concurrently. I also would need to easily be able to export/print this timeline. My question is: is there a free program that I can use to create this? I have access to photoshop and illustrator but I'd rather not use those. I'm using a Mac running 10.5
posted by Waitwhat to Computers & Internet (2 answers total)

Timeline isn't free, but it might be worth a look.
posted by designbot at 10:40 AM on September 3, 2008

GanttProject is open-source Gantt chart software. It definitely does more than you need but could probably easily be made to work.
posted by wemayfreeze at 11:03 AM on September 3, 2008

« Older A while ago I asked about gett...   |  I have spent the past two year... Newer »