Web based collaboration software
August 28, 2008 12:46 AM Subscribe
Recommendations for programmable web based collaboration software for team in multiple cities (such as basecamp or google docs)
posted by london302 to computers & internet (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
[I am not a software expert so my request is based on what I (a user) need]:
- The software could be called a project management software as the team (consisting of about 10 members).
- The work involves analysing a number of project leads (10 to 20 max at any given time). The object of the analysis is to identify the best lead (one or more) and kill the ones that do not meet our internal criteria (the criteria are not codefied as a check list but are subjective criteria).
- During the process of analysis the analyst collects data from the project owner (word, excel and pdf format usually) and from other sources such as the web (urls, pdf) and it there was a way to have all this information to be centralised that would be excellent.
1. Ability for project founders (outside the organisation) to upload data directly into the project space without having the ability to read what we have entered
(maybe ablity to email data into the project)
2. Ability for analysts to generate automated emails to founders requesting for information or to update other analysts on the status of a project.
- My understanding is that we will need to pick a platform such as Basecamp or Google sites and have someone programme and customise this for us. Any reliable suppliers?
- Our budget is not huge and we are very inexperienced with software projects and we have heard horror stories of them going out of control which we will not be able to afford. It seems to me that if we picked a platform that had the basic functionality of what we want then there are probably fewer things that can go wrong.
- Would eLance or such sites be good to identify a programmer once we have identified the platform.
Thanks very much for your attention.