Name of the artpiece showing a maiden and knight lingering in a stairwell?
July 23, 2008 10:19 PM   Subscribe

I am looking for the name of a piece of artwork (Pre-Raphealite?) showing a scene in a stairwell of a maiden and a knight.

The knight and maiden are passing by one another, trying to linger in the stairwell but also clearly not able to. It captures their emotion beautifully. It's very much in the vein of Sir Frank Dicksee, Edmund Blair Leighton, John William Waterhouse. I remember finding this picture online before (on the poster/art websites) but for some reason, I can't find it now...Any help would be appreciated!
posted by elgalan207 to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Best answer: Meeting on the Turret Stairs by Frederick Burton
posted by Justinian at 10:33 PM on July 23, 2008 [2 favorites]

Response by poster: That's it! Thank you.
posted by elgalan207 at 10:35 PM on July 23, 2008

Yeah I, uh, had a little pre-raphaelite phase. We were all young once.
posted by Justinian at 10:36 PM on July 23, 2008

« Older Should I go for it?   |   "Exchanging glances, wond'ring in the night...." Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.