Youtube Search

Could anyone tell how I can search youtube by video length? For instance I want to find all videos that are 13 seconds long. Could anybody tell me how to filter a search in this manner.
posted by hubs to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

If you're a developer you can use Truveo's API which lets you search all video sites with filters (they are measured in minutes, I can't confirm if you can give it fractional durations.)
posted by neustile at 11:26 AM on June 27, 2008

If you're not a developer, Truveo has an example app that you can put filters on. That example app link takes you to a search for videos about cats that are less than 1 minute long. I tried, you can't do filters in seconds.
posted by neustile at 11:30 AM on June 27, 2008

Unfortunately I'm not that sophisticated nuestile. API's are above my head
posted by hubs at 11:30 AM on June 27, 2008

You can sort of do this with Google, but the results are boggling: site:youtube.com "00:13" (8,500,000 results).
posted by steef at 1:20 PM on June 27, 2008

« Older Unconventional air fresheners   |   How do I install XP without a CD-ROM? Newer »