Web widget that generates range of shades?
July 27, 2004 2:14 PM   Subscribe

Last week I stumbled upon a web widget that would generate a range of lighter and darker shades of an RGB color you input. Now I can't find it.
posted by timeistight to Computers & Internet (11 answers total)
Color scheme apart from generating lighter and darker shades, creates coordinated palettes.

See this AskMe thread for more color pickers/schemers.
posted by mnology at 2:29 PM on July 27, 2004

Oh blah, you said RGB...well the schemer is cool anyway.
posted by mnology at 2:30 PM on July 27, 2004

Color Schemer? (diff from mnology's link)
posted by dobbs at 2:36 PM on July 27, 2004

Thanks, but this one gave five (I think) increasingly darker and five increasing lighter shades of the one color. It wasn't complements, just shades.
posted by timeistight at 2:45 PM on July 27, 2004

I know of ColorMatch Remix and EasyRGB.
posted by monju_bosatsu at 2:46 PM on July 27, 2004

Or this?
posted by crunchland at 3:03 PM on July 27, 2004

mnology's got it.
posted by adamrice at 3:27 PM on July 27, 2004

Maybe SLUGS (Simple Little Utility for Generating Schemes) is what you were looking for? Unfortunately, the site I got it from seems to have vanished. It can provide you with a range of five colours either side of the one you select and also ha a neat "screen picker" allowing you to pick a colour from your screen.
posted by dg at 3:28 PM on July 27, 2004

How about this?

Color palette creator
posted by fletchmuy at 3:34 PM on July 27, 2004

That's it! Thanks a million, fletchmuy.

And thanks everyone for those suggestions. Lots of toys to try out.
posted by timeistight at 3:45 PM on July 27, 2004

God, I love this place. I was happily bumbling along with SLUGS ... now I have bunches of other nifty choices I never knew about.

If no one's said it for awhile -- thanx Matt!

ObTopic: ... here's my copy of SLUGS, the program dg mentioned. It has inexplicably disappeared. I think it might have been incorporated into a full-blown Web IDE, maybe.
posted by RavinDave at 5:09 PM on July 27, 2004

« Older 'Old MacDonald' in German   |   What do you do with old t-shirts that you can't... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.