flip monitor horizontally
January 19, 2008 3:10 PM   Subscribe

Is there a way to flip/ mirror what my monitor displays?

I'd like to flip my monitor horizontally to read text backwards. Either a program or a hardware fix with the monitor would work. People have asked this on different forums but I couldn't seem to find any solutions.
posted by apdato to Computers & Internet (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Windows, Mac, other?
posted by nathan_teske at 3:23 PM on January 19, 2008

Response by poster: Windows xp
posted by apdato at 3:32 PM on January 19, 2008

Hardware fix: a mirror.
posted by box at 3:48 PM on January 19, 2008 [1 favorite]

I assume you've seen (or initiated) this?
posted by prophetsearcher at 4:40 PM on January 19, 2008

Try...ctrl+alt+up or ctrl+alt+down, (or left/right.) Doesn't work on all layouts, but DOES work for many. In other news, it's a wicked sweet prank to do to your coworkers, to invert their displays.
posted by TomMelee at 5:55 PM on January 19, 2008

If you only need to do this every now and then, take a screenshot and flip it in any graphics program.
posted by wackybrit at 2:57 AM on January 20, 2008

« Older Laptop with trackpoint and good graphics?   |   Can a person taking a break from college get... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.