What to these take-off parts fit?
January 3, 2008 12:47 PM   Subscribe

Can you help me figure out what model of Ford Pick-up truck these parts can fit? (links to large pictures of parts and serial numbers inside)

Set of front shocks, serial number close-up)and a wide view

coil spring, wide view and best quality

Here's a
front spindle and a close up of the serial number

Some rear shocks, wide view, and a close up of the serial number here.

So, anyone have any idea how I'd find out where these go to?
posted by ShawnStruck to Travel & Transportation (5 answers total)
Why don't you just give the part number to the Ford parts bloke at your local dealership. He could tell you straight away,
posted by Brockles at 12:59 PM on January 3, 2008

The number on that Spindle is actually a Ford part number, not a serial number. It looks like the shocks have part numbers on them (same format as on the spindle), in addition to a serial. Usually you can just call up a dealership and ask them to run the part number.
posted by sanka at 1:38 PM on January 3, 2008

Ford has used a part number scheme for a long time that starts with the a letter that denotes the decade and a number which denotes the year. For example "C8AZ-bla bla bla" is a 68 year part for a Mustang. The number on that spindle (7L34-3K171 ?) doesn't seem to fit that. Some more info here.

I am not sure how the part number for the shocks would help at all, as most shocks can fit a wide variety of vehicles.
posted by Big_B at 3:43 PM on January 3, 2008

If I had to put a bit of money down, I'd guess these are European Ford parts. Any chance of that being the case? Perhaps for one of the European Escorts of Mondeo?
posted by maxwelton at 3:54 PM on January 3, 2008

"or" mondeo
posted by maxwelton at 3:54 PM on January 3, 2008

« Older Mild sedative for Pet dog   |   I want to pay off my credit card debt once and for... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.