Help me replace my lost hat.
October 16, 2007 12:04 PM   Subscribe

Help me replace this hat. Because I lost it. I see lots of similar hats on Amazon, etc. But the colors just look wrong.

What other colors would you recommend, if I can't find the exact match (or to make me branch out)?
posted by k7lim to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (11 answers total)
What color is that, exactly? Dark gray? Is there a label in the hat?
posted by iconomy at 12:14 PM on October 16, 2007

Response by poster: i lost it, i don't remember what the label name was. it's more the look i'm trying to replicate. i believe it's a really dark olive green.
posted by k7lim at 12:42 PM on October 16, 2007

So is that front edge upturned like a small front bill on purpose or is taht just the way you're wearing it. I guess I mean is it constructed to have the upturned edge on the front, only. Also what sort of material was it? Wool? acrylic? cotton?
posted by otherwordlyglow at 12:50 PM on October 16, 2007

Response by poster: it's a small front bill.

not sure what the material was. it felt like a typical beanie, soft.
posted by k7lim at 1:28 PM on October 16, 2007

I'm not sure how much it will help you but I have seen really any hat with a short bill like that described as "newsboy" - "newsboy tams" turns up some very similar items. I have a few hats that look fairly similar to the one in your image, they simply have a bulkier thread and are woven a little differently, I tuck my dreads up in the back and stretch them out something fierce. I'm not sure if "newsboy" is the appropriate nomenclature, maybe if we knew someone who really liked hats and language they could better inform you?
posted by prostyle at 1:40 PM on October 16, 2007

posted by Ambrosia Voyeur at 1:42 PM on October 16, 2007

this isn't a newsboy, it's a visor beanie.
posted by Ambrosia Voyeur at 1:42 PM on October 16, 2007

it is also called a jeep cap . check local army surplus stores, esp this time of year they should have them.
posted by ShawnString at 1:48 PM on October 16, 2007

Yeah not a newsboy. Newsboys have a slouch look on the sides. All the visor beanies/jeep caps I can find have a much more pronounced bill. You should befriend a knitter.
posted by otherwordlyglow at 2:21 PM on October 16, 2007

Would this do the trick?

Or this?
posted by foxinthesnow at 6:10 PM on October 16, 2007

There's a store on Etsy that makes beanies similar to that. Example. If that's what you're looking for, I'm sure you could ask for a specific color, since they're hand-made.
posted by Melinika at 6:45 PM on October 16, 2007

« Older Does being a citizen of a Commonwealth country...   |   What the clunk is wrong with my corolla? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.