kunstpalast fur industriepalast?
August 7, 2007 9:27 PM   Subscribe

anyone know where i can find a poster of fritz kahn's classic litho, "Der Mensch als Industriepalast" (Man as Industrial Palace), in toronto?

image here.

bonus points if anyone has a link to translations of all the german words (my babel-fu fails me).

posted by twistofrhyme to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
Response by poster: i should clarify, i'd like to buy this poster. and if you know who's selling, a ballpark figure on price would rock my world too. danke!
posted by twistofrhyme at 9:36 PM on August 7, 2007

My first guess would be Alternative Arts on Bloor. Doubt they'd have it but they'd know where to get it...
posted by avocet at 10:39 PM on August 7, 2007

Best answer: The German words are standard body parts vocabulary. The information at the bottom of the page is the publishing information. If you're looking for better babel-fu, try http://dict.leo.org, which is a truly top-notch German-English (or German-French or German-Spanish) dictionary.
posted by moreandmoreso at 11:49 PM on August 7, 2007

Best answer: The appeals for a poster in this thread lead me to think that you won't find one easily. You might be happy to settle for this adaptation [via] (which has a link to this).
posted by tellurian at 12:04 AM on August 8, 2007

I found this as well. It's from the Deutsches Technikmuseum in Berlin.
posted by chillmost at 2:26 AM on November 21, 2007

« Older Should I segregate mefi and facebook?   |   Spider ID? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.