Multi-use furniture

Looking for a furniture store/website mentioned in ask.mefi that I can't seem to find...

Not too long ago, someone was asking about multi-use furniture for small spaces. Someone commented, recommending a store that I think fulfilled these criteria: a hip design store that specialized in affordable (as in things in the $50-$400 range) multi-use form/functional furniture for small apartments. I believe the flagship store was located somewhere in the Lower East Side of Manhattan but they had online ordering available. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks for your help-
posted by greta simone to Shopping (10 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

This thread?

DWR?
posted by RandlePatrickMcMurphy at 11:06 AM on May 2, 2007

I don't know from Manhattan, but in Chicago there's CB2, which is an off shoot of Crate & Barrel. They have two stores in Chicago and a web space at cb2.com.
posted by FlamingBore at 11:07 AM on May 2, 2007

No, it's not in the rug thread. It's not DWR (way too expensive) or cb2. It was an independent store of some kind.
posted by greta simone at 11:11 AM on May 2, 2007

Maybe efstyle, from this thread?
posted by iconomy at 11:45 AM on May 2, 2007

Thanks iconomy. It was tinyliving which I found in a non-descript link in that thread.
posted by greta simone at 11:58 AM on May 2, 2007

Thanks greta simone for re:finding that cool catalog site!
posted by YoBananaBoy at 12:09 PM on May 2, 2007

(As an aside, I think this probably should've been posted in MetaTalk.)
posted by loiseau at 1:08 PM on May 2, 2007 [1 favorite]

You're right loiseau. Oopsie.
posted by greta simone at 1:17 PM on May 2, 2007

Yeah, loiseau is right on, but all's well that etc.
posted by cortex at 6:29 AM on May 3, 2007

GROUP HUG!
posted by loiseau at 3:21 AM on May 5, 2007

« Older What's an indpendent promoter?   |   Can't open newer PST files Newer »