1/16" to 1/4" Converter
February 11, 2007 4:57 PM   Subscribe

Where can I find a 1/16" to 1/4" hex adapter?

I recently bought a cordless electronic screwdriver, which only accepts 1/4" bits. However, I have a set of precision security bits which are 1/8". Where can I find some sort of adapter?
posted by mr.dan to Shopping (6 answers total)

Wait, 1/16" or 1/8"? And are the smaller ones hex-drive or square-drive? And does the elec, screwdriver have a chuck? Have you checked Sears?
posted by TheNewWazoo at 5:44 PM on February 11, 2007

No chuck, just a 1/4" collett. I checked Home Depot thoroughly.

I apologize for the inconsistency, but 1/8", and they're both hex drive.
posted by mr.dan at 5:56 PM on February 11, 2007

Can you use a 1/8" (hex), 1/4" drive socket with a 1/4 hex-to-square adapter?
posted by Kirth Gerson at 6:36 PM on February 11, 2007

Well, I can't find that item, but now I'm going to be looking at tool porn all night. I blame you.
(Try the search feature. They should all work like that.)
posted by ctmf at 6:55 PM on February 11, 2007

I'd use Kirth's idea but epoxy the pieces together with a small magnet at the bottom of the socket.
posted by Mitheral at 7:38 PM on February 11, 2007

Kirth has the best plan unless you can find a proper adaptor. When I got a series of torx bits and finally (well, almost immediately) lost my temper with teh stupid bit holder dropping the bits out the whole time, I just bought a box of dirt cheap sockets to suit and epoxied the lot in and just called them 'torx sockets' instead.

Triumph over adversity and crawling in the floor after torx bits...
posted by Brockles at 7:53 PM on February 11, 2007

« Older Fun things in Burlington, VT   |   Have cello, will travel Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.