Can you help me find these building blocks?
March 2, 2004 7:10 PM   Subscribe

Eighties educational toys. When I was growing up, I had some plastic building blocks that I'd like to find again. They came in bright colors and were covered in densely packed, tiny pegs on each face (front, back, and sides). If you pressed two blocks together, the pegs would interlock and stick together. They came in all sorts of shapes, but were thinner than wooden blocks and slightly flexible. Any idea what these were called or where I can find a set?
posted by Jeff Howard to Shopping (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
These sound like Bristle Blocks, aka Krinkles. I looked for these when my daughter was a little younger, and found them only for sale in catalogs that sell to preschools and the like, and they were rather expensive. Maybe ebay would be a better bet.
posted by beth at 7:17 PM on March 2, 2004

I think Beth has it right. These people sell them.
posted by jessamyn at 7:23 PM on March 2, 2004

here! I have found some other obscure favorites here.
posted by whatnot at 7:27 PM on March 2, 2004

Response by poster: Wow! Bristle blocks are *exactly* what I was trying to find.

And seven minutes? That's pretty sweet. I've been looking for these for a few days now. Thanks for the help.
posted by Jeff Howard at 7:33 PM on March 2, 2004

In the UK they are known as Stickle Bricks.
posted by skylar at 12:53 AM on March 3, 2004

I heart stickle bricks.
posted by armoured-ant at 2:40 AM on March 3, 2004

« Older How do you cook sausages?   |   What is uplink port speed on a dedicated server? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.