Townhome Association
September 4, 2006 9:53 PM   Subscribe

I think that my townhome association is skimming money off the top. I live in Texas and I would like to know if there is an agency that I can contact to register my concerns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
posted by Noodles to Home & Garden (3 answers total)
This is just off the top of my head, but if you had some substantial reason for believing so, I might contact the State's Attorney's office.
posted by mrmojoflying at 10:25 PM on September 4, 2006

It's a felony if the value of the property stolen is greater than $1,500 or includes cattle, horses, exotic livestock, exotic fowl, sheep, swine, or goats. (You can't make this up.) Or if the defendant has been convicted two or more times for theft. In that case you should go to the District Attorney. If it's less than that, go to the County Attorney.

You could also try the Attorney General's Consumer Protection and Public Health Division.
posted by grouse at 12:29 AM on September 5, 2006

Gather evidence. You don't want to go to the DA's office with a "uhh, i think those dudes are taking my money, cuz, they're, you know, bad."
posted by zhivota at 5:48 AM on September 5, 2006

« Older toys not playing well together   |   Taxation consequences for an expatriate investor? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.