Help me find a hat to protect my honky skin!
June 25, 2006 6:09 PM   Subscribe

I am looking for a special kind of hat, preferably in the Portland area.

Since it has been sunny lately and I have been working outside I realized I needed a hat, not just any straw hat, one of these (modeled by Mike Watt)
I went to REI as I have seen that style in a Outdoor Research brand but to no avail. Ebay has them but I would prefer to try it on first, hence the Portland area request.
Thanks in advance.
posted by Asbestos McPinto to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (6 answers total)
Have you tried the local costumers? The hat is known as a coolie hat and I've seen them at SoCal costumers.
posted by buggzzee23 at 6:50 PM on June 25, 2006

does portland have a chinatown? they're usually a dime a dozen in those parts, esp if it's a tourist attraction.
posted by lannanh at 7:38 PM on June 25, 2006

Saturday Market. There's a hat place on the west side of the MAX tracks.
posted by SpecialK at 8:49 PM on June 25, 2006

Alternately, the Chinese Gardens in downtown had some the last time I was in there.
posted by SpecialK at 8:50 PM on June 25, 2006

Thanks Special K, I'll be sure to check those out!
posted by Asbestos McPinto at 1:06 AM on June 26, 2006

If you can't find one locally, try ordering one from Pearl River
posted by necessitas at 3:14 AM on June 26, 2006

« Older Is God Perfect?   |   Linux + college = ? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.