looking for book titles!

hi mefi! i have a friend who has been trying to find a book that they read as a child but can’t remember the title of:

“The book I’m looking for is about two kids who go on an adventure in Egypt (parts of it were related to Egyptian mythology) and I think their parents were on an archeological dig or something like that (not actually sure on that detail). It came out before Rick Riordan wrote Kane Chronicles, so I know it wasn’t that series. But it definitely had a similar feel to it. I loved it and I would love to remember what it was called!
Also I read it probably around... 2007-2009”

anyone have any ideas?
posted by =^.^= to Media & Arts (9 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I used this site where people helped me to find the one that'd been puzzling me for decades. If nobody here knows it, try there.
posted by bink at 9:51 PM on April 1 [1 favorite]

Any chance it's MANY WATERS by Madeleine L'Engle? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many_Waters
posted by metabaroque at 10:38 PM on April 1 [1 favorite]

Something from the Cooper Kids series?
posted by MonkeyToes at 5:33 AM on April 2 [1 favorite]

The Mystery of the Ancient Pyramid by Carole Marsh?
posted by jenny76 at 6:19 AM on April 2

In The Egypt Game, the main characters don't really go to Egypt but Egyptian mythology is involved and you may enjoy the story anyway.
posted by olopua at 9:31 AM on April 2 [3 favorites]

Have they tried AskALibrarian?
posted by Champagne Supernova at 3:58 PM on April 2

hmm they said “ I feel like it had a similar title to ‘mystery of the ancient pyramid’ but it wasn’t that exact book...”

also thanks for the resources! they’ll be my next step :)
posted by =^.^= at 5:57 PM on April 2

MonkeyToes, that was my first thought as well. IIRC, the parent/s were archaeologists in that series, too.
posted by xedrik at 8:21 AM on April 3

From 2007: Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos (Theodosia Throckmorton #1)

Probably not The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #1) (2007), though iirc the parents are archaeologists.
posted by MonkeyToes at 10:29 AM on April 3

« Older Feeling depressed about career prospects. Where do...   |   Can you help us with our taxes? Newer »