Who the heck says Uline?

Is it possible to remove certain words from Google/Android speech recognition results? Generally speaking, the system works perfectly for me, exactly transcribing when I'm saying except when I try to get a carriage return. This feels like insidious product placement, as I can't imagine anyone needing to regularly dictate the name have an office supply company…
posted by lordcorvid to Technology (2 answers total)

How essential is it that you format for the page while you're dictating? I'd wager that the product was built with the assumption that carriage returns/newlines would be entirely automatic. Is there any reason you can't just do all the formatting later?

A helpful answerer at Stackexchange has a possible strategy:
> I found that saying period newline gives you a new line, after putting a period on the current line. Also period new paragraph work.

Read the additional responses to that thread for other tips.
posted by Sunburnt at 12:01 PM on October 31, 2019

Thanks Sunburnt, that entirely resolves my issue. Basic formatting of this sort is essential to my needs, and these method render it easy.

I'm going to leave the question not-yet-resolved for a little while, in case anyone happens to know the answer to the general problem of editing the speech recognition dictionary.
posted by lordcorvid at 12:30 PM on October 31, 2019 [1 favorite]

« Older Sausage Fest   |   Basement Waterproofing Concerns Newer »