Restoring gold edges on fine china
October 7, 2019 12:47 PM   Subscribe

I inherited my grandmother's china and I just ordered some extra pieces to fill in holes in her collection. They arrived a little more worn than was disclosed - the gilt edges are worn off in places. Is that kind of damage fixable, and if so, who can I hire to do it?
posted by marfa, texas to Home & Garden (1 answer total)
It's called re-gilding and an antique restorer can do this or you can do it with a lustre paint if you have access to a kiln.
posted by DarlingBri at 1:32 PM on October 7, 2019 [1 favorite]

« Older Why do people think Roth IRA/401(k) accounts are...   |   Where is the best vacation destination for riding... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.