Christopher Street Liberation Parade, 1973

In 1973, I finished the Gay Pride Parade at Washington Square Park, dead center of the front banner for the parade. Please, anyone know where there are photos? I was 16 at the time! I've searched, without success.
posted by Goofyy to Society & Culture (5 answers total) 14 users marked this as a favorite

There's a single pic on this NYT article but it looks like it's during the march rather than the end. I can't quite make it out (guy with a trombone I think, and some others in the background) . To see the digitized version blown up needs a paid account.
posted by jquinby at 1:05 PM on June 28

Have you checked the NYPL's collections? Example, example, example.
posted by NotMyselfRightNow at 1:07 PM on June 28 [1 favorite]

I found this image on this page, credited to Leonard Fink, which seems like it's tantalizingly close to what you're looking for. Perhaps contacting the center behind that instagram account would turn up more? (I found reference to them holding a collection of his photographs. )
posted by namewithoutwords at 1:08 PM on June 28

There’s also video on YouTube.
posted by calgirl at 9:18 PM on June 28

« Older Examples of community based life sciences research...   |   How to fix (or not) expensive scratched metal door... Newer »