Watching BBC2's The City and the City in the US?

Is there any way for me to watch the BBC miniseries of China Mieville's The City and the City here in the US? It looks like it's not streaming in the UK any more, so a proxy service wouldn't help. It doesn't appear to be on Amazon, Hulu, or iTunes.
posted by moonmilk to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 13 users marked this as a favorite

It's available for purchase on amazon.co.uk, though I'm not sure if you need to do any proxy things or whatever to make that work.
posted by brainmouse at 8:48 PM on September 12

Have you checked on Google Play? It looks like it's available on the Australian version, but i am not sure whether it is available in your region.
posted by kinddieserzeit at 8:56 PM on September 12

The usual not-exactly-legal methods are widely available by a group called MTB.
posted by kuanes at 3:58 AM on September 13

OMG THEY MADE A MINISERIES?? I love this book. Will be watching responses closely.
posted by nkknkk at 9:08 AM on September 13 [1 favorite]

Unfortunately, it doesn't show up on the US version of Google Play, and I can't stream it from amazon.co.uk here.

kuanes is right about the usual methods, though.
posted by moonmilk at 11:48 AM on September 13

So I'm not having much luck with its actual results, and you'll need to temporarily turn your adblocker off (another negative), but CanIStream.It seems to have a listing for it.
posted by WCityMike at 12:03 PM on September 14

« Older Good audiobooks for a California road trip   |   hurricane tracker Newer »