Whaddya call the 30,000-feet-conscience-of-the-company consultant role?
June 13, 2018 7:50 AM   Subscribe

My brother and I are racking our brains for the name of this thing. There's a role some companies have, for a sort of independent mediator who just seeks solutions to problems even when it's not necessarily best for the company short-term, etc.. Not quite a customer advocate, but related. It has an odd name that we can't remember now... the spelukum or something like that. The...belorgum. The nib locum. What the heck is this thing called?
posted by red_rabbit to Work & Money (5 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
posted by Hypatia at 7:51 AM on June 13 [11 favorites]

Seconding Ombudsman.
posted by kimdog at 7:52 AM on June 13

posted by Ausamor at 8:08 AM on June 13

That's it!! Thank you, all
posted by red_rabbit at 8:21 AM on June 13

"the spelukum or something like that. The...belorgum. The nib locum."

this is my favorite type of askmetafilter :D
posted by seemoorglass at 11:22 AM on June 13 [11 favorites]

« Older For Pride Month: Recommend great LGBTQI lit   |   The Mysterious J-Cube Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments