A Marlys Chronology

What is the formal chronology of Lynda Barry's Mullen stories? Or does a summary of those stories exist?

I've been revisiting the works of Lynda Barry, who I've loved since I was eleven. I recently bought a bunch of the collections featuring Maybonne and Marlys and was struck by how linear the story told in My Perfect Life/It's So Magic--basically, the girls are dropped off at their grandmother's for two years while their little brother stays with their cousins, he is eventually brought to their grandmother's (following the events of The Freddie Stories, I think?) and then they move back in with their mom. I know some of the earlier collections like The Fun House feature earlier periods of their life when they live with their mother close to their aunt and cousins Arna and Arnold. Does a chronological list of these stories exist? Or even a summary? I'm particularly curious if the story ends at It's So Magic, or if I can read more about what happens to them after. I did see that Lynda Barry has posted some newer drawings and comics featuring an apparently-older Arna on her tumblr so I wonder if there's more narrative out there, somewhere, to read.
posted by PhoBWanKenobi to Media & Arts (1 answer total) 7 users marked this as a favorite

The! Greatest! Of! Marlys! was reissued by Drawn &Quarterly 2 years ago.
posted by brujita at 10:41 AM on June 13

« Older Colorado Gay/Birthday & Hobby Lobby cases -...   |   What are "jubee lips"? Newer »