Montblanc converter
October 12, 2017 1:09 PM   Subscribe

I inherited a Montblanc Noblesse fountain pen, like pen 153 here. I've heard that some MB fountain pen converters will not work with this pen. Which converter will fit?
posted by the man of twists and turns to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total)
I'm sure the good folks at the Fountain Pen Hospital can help you.
posted by Capt. Renault at 1:17 PM on October 12

Looks like a good bit of info here, at the Fountain Pen Network.
It may not take a converter, only cartridges.
posted by ApathyGirl at 1:25 PM on October 12

Also not answering the question directly, but if you find you need to use cartridges, you can refill them directly using a syringe.
posted by papayaninja at 4:41 PM on October 12

A quick search shows multiple blogs/reviews saying it'll take standard international cartridges or the "large Montblanc piston converter" (source: penspotter).
Searching for Montblanc Noblesse and piston indeed gets some sales listings that describe this pen using the piston converter, so maybe see if your exact model is one of those? (I am not familiar with Montblanc but gather that there were different generations of the Noblesse model.)
posted by Sockin'inthefreeworld at 5:35 PM on October 12

« Older Clothing brands to get tailored   |   Tips to keep from crying Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments