What type of needlepoint stitch is this?
July 26, 2017 3:29 PM   Subscribe

I want to try to replicate this type of stitch, but unsure what kind it is!

I have basic needlepoint skills, but I was hoping to try out this stitch. It's of a supernova, and here is the backstory, if you're interested.

Specifically, I'm talking about each individual square. I'm looking for the name of this particular stitch, or if there is a site online that could teach me how to replicate it.

I found this list, but I'm just not sure!
posted by Cwell to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
The instructions in your backstory link specify "USING A SCOTCH STITCH"
posted by Seboshin at 3:44 PM on July 26 [1 favorite]

Agree, Scotch Stitch
posted by Eyebrows McGee at 7:47 PM on July 26

As for replicating, it's a diagonal satin stitch, usually across 3-4 holes but you can make it as large as you like. (You can also reverse directions every other square, or color, which gives an interesting texture.) Your model appears 4 holes wide.
posted by Eyebrows McGee at 7:50 PM on July 26 [2 favorites]

If you've ever worked plastic canvas, this shows up there a lot, too.
posted by fiercecupcake at 7:20 AM on July 27

« Older Would anyone want shoes from 1909?   |   Delicious high protein ice cream recipe for friend... Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments