Where can I get a print of this picture?
January 15, 2017 12:11 PM   Subscribe

There's a photo montage floating about online depicting an octopus sitting on a barstool, playing an accordion. I would like to get a large (poster sized) print of it for a loved one who's obsessed with octopuses. But I can't find any info about it, whether or not it's available as a print, or if there's a high-res version somewhere I could get printed, myself.
posted by grumblebee to Media & Arts (8 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
The artist, Simon Warmer, might be able to help. His contact details are here.
posted by essexjan at 12:22 PM on January 15, 2017 [1 favorite]

I found this much larger version, but it has text overlaid.

I think the image was created for a music festival. You might email the festival, and see if you can buy a poster from them.

memail me if that larger image link doesn't work, it looks like the kind of thing that would expire.
posted by gregr at 12:30 PM on January 15, 2017

Check your FB messages.
posted by essexjan at 12:44 PM on January 15, 2017

Response by poster: Thanks, but that (FB sent image) is too low-res.
posted by grumblebee at 12:58 PM on January 15, 2017

In case removing the text from gregr's version helps.
posted by splasho at 1:57 PM on January 15, 2017

Response by poster: Awesome, splasho. It's not high-res enough for a poster-sized print, which is what I'm gunning for, but it's at least something I can have at a small size.
posted by grumblebee at 3:19 PM on January 15, 2017

Grumblebee, I am well aware (as a print designer) how shitty low-res web images look when printed out, but! I have heard that with engineering prints, you can get away with less than optimal rez. Considering how inexpensive these prints are and the style of the picture, would it be worth giving that a shot with that image you have now?
posted by the thorn bushes have roses at 4:06 PM on January 15, 2017 [5 favorites]

I would think you could get away with printing the image at up to about 16x24". Double the resolution of the image using photoshop and then add film noise to the image.
posted by gregr at 12:13 PM on January 16, 2017

« Older What is this big plastic child-related accessory?   |   Is a Skedaddle bus to the Women's March a good... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.