What are these Ikea shelf/closets called?
July 2, 2016 2:22 PM   Subscribe

I'm trying to find additional shelves to fill out a couple of Ikea closets or wardrobes that came installed in my apartment. The problem is, I have no idea what the product is called (or even if it's still produced by Ikea), which makes finding replacement parts nearly impossible.

I'm positive it's Ikea, since it matches the birch finish on practically everything else they sell, and the bookshelves in the adjacent living room are all Billy bookcases. I've attached a couple of photos- any idea what these might be?

L-shaped corner closet
same, open view

upright wardrobe
same, open view
same, detail of holes for additional shelves

Ideally I'll be able to buy replacement parts at Ikea if I can just find out what these damn things are, but if they're out of production, has anyone had any luck finding aftermarket parts on ebay, Craigslist, knockoffs from third-party manufacturers, etc?
posted by Merzbau to Home & Garden (3 answers total)
Best answer: I think it's a Pax system.
posted by PorcineWithMe at 2:26 PM on July 2, 2016

Best answer: Accessories for the Pax wardrobes are called Komplement.
posted by exquisite_deluxe at 3:32 PM on July 2, 2016

Response by poster: Thanks! I'll see what I can find :)
posted by Merzbau at 3:42 PM on July 2, 2016

« Older What is Charlotte, NC like - and how is it...   |   how do couples argue successfully? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.