Looking for casters with a small base
June 25, 2016 12:08 PM   Subscribe

I have a c table (like this) with a tubular metal base. I'd like to put casters on it, ideally vintage/antique looking dark colored ones. The metal tubes is 1" in diameter with no existing holes or mounting options. I've seen lovely stem-type casters but assume there is no way of attaching them. Any advice or ideas of what might work?
posted by arnicae to Home & Garden (5 answers total)
I'd probably drill holes and find casters with stems long enough to attach with a nut. Aside from that there's really not any option.
posted by RustyBrooks at 12:51 PM on June 25, 2016

you need tube adapters for threaded stem casters or stem adapters for regular stem casters.
posted by Admiral Viceroy at 4:05 PM on June 25, 2016

Those aren't gonna work without open tubes, which, going by his picture, he won't have on his table
posted by RustyBrooks at 4:37 PM on June 25, 2016

A beautiful table! was thinking that if you dont plan on wheeling that baby around all over the house, maybe using a crazy strong glue (epoxy?) like JB weld and small plate casters might do the trick? Or if you really want to go for it, possibly welding might work?
posted by speakeasy at 2:01 AM on June 26, 2016

A friend just searched like crazy for specialty casters, and ended up dealing with these and spoke highly of them (though not cheap). Give their customer service a shout and explain the problem, and I bet they will have ideas.
posted by Northbysomewhatcrazy at 7:15 AM on June 26, 2016

« Older What's the story with my grandma?   |   NYC July 8th-11th Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.