Buying an American Rock N Play for use in Germany
March 9, 2016 11:37 PM   Subscribe

I want to buy an American Rock N Play (baby bouncer) that has a plug. Will it work here if I use a travel adaptor, or will it start smoking and explode? I copied this info from the manual "Requires an AC adaptor (input 120 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60Hz, with an output of 8 VDC) for operation (included)"

Alternatively, is it possible to buy a continental adapter for this machine? Thank you for your help, as you can see this stuff is very difficult for me!
posted by catspajammies to Shopping (2 answers total)
Best answer: I think you should be fine -- the included AC adapter works with 240VAC at 50Hz, which is what you should be getting in Europe. You may need a passive plug adapter (to convert from euro to US-style plugs), which you should be able to get cheap on Amazon, but you won't need any sort of active voltage converter or anything.
posted by Alterscape at 11:47 PM on March 9, 2016 [2 favorites]

Yep, Germany has 230V at 50Hz, this should work fine if you get a plug adapter that converts from the American plug to the European two-prong version.
posted by amf at 9:15 AM on March 10, 2016

« Older It must be nice to have an unlimited amount of...   |   Not just an eye of newt. Can you identify this... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.