Uses for lots of unneeded space on my desk?
July 29, 2015 10:48 AM Subscribe
I have a rather large desk (probably about 2' x 5') at my new job, but I only need my laptop to get work done. What fun, or useful, things can I put in the remaining space?
- I don't need any other equipment. For example, almost all of my colleagues have giant 27" displays, but I prefer to work on my laptop by itself.
- I used to keep books on my desk, but there aren't really any paper reference materials I need in my job.
- I work in marketing (specifically, marketing technology / digital marketing) at a tech startup in the Pacific Northwest.
- Keep an interesting board game (Monopoly? Chess?) set up on my desk and occasionally make moves or set up a department-wide game that last for months and months
- Buy a 3D printer (I don't want to spend that much money, though)
- Cheap model train set?
- Plants? Seems a little boring, though :) Plus I'm not always here to water them.