Help me find a larger version of my favorite video clip

Where can I find a larger version of the surreal Muppets Over Time[QT] short? Maybe a format other than QuickTime?
posted by furtive to Media & Arts (10 answers total)

That has to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen on the internet. Yes. Really.
posted by odinsdream at 8:32 AM on December 1, 2005

If you find more information this would be a kickass thing to post to the blue (if it hasn't ben there already)
posted by edgeways at 9:23 AM on December 1, 2005

I'd forgotten about that film. Brilliant stuff.

Doing a couple of quick searches, I found copies the same size (and smaller), but alas none any larger. One site mentions that the owners had been actively pulling it from the net, but if so they didn't do a very good job as it's posted at nearly a gazillion places.
posted by item at 10:14 AM on December 1, 2005

Good god. He's Dead, Jim.
posted by five fresh fish at 10:16 AM on December 1, 2005

Also, what drugs would a person need to be taking to imagine and storyboard such a movie? Seriously. Do people imagine this sort of thing without chemical assistance?
posted by five fresh fish at 10:17 AM on December 1, 2005

Do people imagine this sort of thing without chemical assistance?
I thought the same thing watching "Hellbound: Hellraiser II."

I liked this better though. Wierd! I'd love to see the original.
posted by Tubes at 3:04 PM on December 1, 2005

This page has some info that might help in tracking it down:

OVERTIME a student film, a tribute to Muppet creator Jim Henson. The story is about a troupe of small Kermit-like puppets who find their creator lying on his bench and have to eventually come to understand his death. It's a brilliant film that includes several subtle, yet very clever homages to famous scenes in Muppet films and TV shows. This is a graduation project at the French animation / media school Supinfocom. The directing trio are now billed as Oury & Thomas and represented by Partizan Lab, the animation division of the London / Paris-based commercial firm Partizan. It's also screened in competition at Animex 2005 in the UK.
posted by soplerfo at 3:32 PM on December 1, 2005

looks like it's on this sold out dvd. Maybe you could find it on eBay
posted by soplerfo at 3:37 PM on December 1, 2005

seems to be for sale at this yahoo store
posted by soplerfo at 3:40 PM on December 1, 2005

http://www.archive.org/download/OverTime/15_www.joeytomatoes.com_Overtime_Muppets.mov
posted by lubricumlinguae at 12:58 PM on March 29, 2006

« Older Need help finding CD...   |   IP Security Cameras for home use Newer »