Need Help Identifying Old Piano Song

I am working on a documentary and recorded one of the participants playing an old piano song. I can't get in touch with her anymore, and I might need to get clearance for the song if I decide to use it. It is an old tune. Anyone know what it might be? Listen to it here.
posted by shackpalace to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Sounds a bit like the Adagio from Mozart's clarinet concerto.
posted by Ruodlieb at 11:33 AM on October 8, 2014

Response by poster: Those first few bars are quite similar. Absolutely. Not it though. I didn't include the second half of the piece she played which veers away from Adagio. Good ears though! Nice piece.
posted by shackpalace at 1:37 PM on October 8, 2014

What you posted sounds more to me like noodling around over a chord progression than anything else. Does the melody do anything in the second half that's different from the repetition of a descending scale which comprises the first half?
posted by hades at 4:48 PM on October 8, 2014

« Older Is it possible to do a Gantt chart with a 3rd (or...   |   Help me start reading indie comics again Newer »